The recommendations outlined in this document by the OHSAA are meant to decrease potential exposure to respiratory droplets by encouraging social distancing, limiting participation in administrative tasks to essential personnel and allowing for appropriate protective equipment.
Note: Even when taking all precautions, there will still be risk of transmitting illnesses. Everyone should stay vigilant about the health of members of their teams. Lastly, the situation with Covid-19 is rapidly changing and the protocols outlined in this document may quickly become outdated.
Preparing to play
- At the start of every practice or match, Coaches will confirm that players and coaches do not have a fever, cough, sore throat, come into contact with anyone with covid 19 and do not have a temperature above 100.4. All players and coaches will be completing the Monitoring Form
- Granville Golf coaches will remain in contact with the home golf course to adhere to any changing guidelines/recommendations/ requirements
- Wash your hands with hand sanitizer after coming off the course
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc., if you can.
- Social distancing must be adhered at all times
- When traveling to road matches- all bus guidelines outlines by GEVSD will be followed. A maximum capacity of 44 individuals (including coaches and athletes) may travel on the bus and no more than 7 individuals in a 10 passenger van . Athletes will be required to sit with no more than two athletes per seat. Athletes will be required to wear a mask- per GEVSD guidelines- and sit distanced in their seat while on the bus.
- Teams will be assigned a time and a specific spot on the driving range for warming up. The spots on the driving range will be at least 6 feet apart.
- Only coaches will enter the clubhouse to pick up the team packet. Players should only enter the clubhouse prior to the start of the tournament to use the bathrooms. All coaches and players must wear a mask when in the clubhouse.
- Teams will be asked not to arrive more than 45 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Each team will be given an area and a time on one of the practice greens to practice putting before the event. The areas on the practice greens will promote proper social distancing between the players.
- All players will be asked to carry a mask on their person or in their golf bag during play to be used in case a situation prevents proper social distancing.
- All players should wear a mask once they arrive up until they report to their assigned hole to begin play.
- Players will not exchange scorecards at the completion of their round, but will verbally compare recorded scores to verify accuracy.
- Flagsticks will remain in the holes during play. Players are not to touch the flagstick.
- Players will lift, smooth, and place their ball in a bunker to play out of the bunker. Rakes will not be available on the course.
- Coaches will be asked to provide us with an accurate list of participating players names and records will be kept regarding members of each group in case contact tracing is necessary.
- We will communicate and cooperate fully with the Denison Golf Course management and staff as well as the Licking County Board of Health to determine any guidelines/recommendations/requirements in place.
- Players and coaches will only be on the practice green or on the driving range during their designated time.
- Only players and coaches will be permitted in the practice areas.
- Upon arriving at the players first hole of competition each player should
- All equipment should be disinfected after each contest or practice.
- Sanitize after picking up scorecard
- Maintain social distance
- Refrain from shaking hands
- Use a mask when it is necessary
During the round
- Maintain social distancing
- Follow all procedures on local rules regarding flagsticks/bunkers/etc.
- Refrain from using restrooms and other common areas or touchpoints.
- Continue to sanitize during play
- Coaches will wear masks when in close contact to athletes
- Athletes may wear face masks at any time during play
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Confirm scores verbally rather than trading cards
- Any rulings take place in a secure area away from the scoring area and maintain social distancing
- Players will give their verified scorecards to their coach.
- Coaches will report team scores to tournament scorer after they have received all scorecards from their own team. Cards might be collected by tournament scorer if necessary.
- No congregating in the scoring area.
- Teams should return to cars/busses/other open area after score is posted.
- No awards ceremony will occur.
- Arrive as close to tee time as possible for participant they are watching.
- Avoid practice areas, tee areas, clubhouse, scoring areas, and other common areas.
- Maintain social distancing
- Use masks when it’s necessary to be in areas of close contact.
- Only congregate with members of own household. Social distancing should be maintained between different household units.
- No congregating after competition.
General Guidelines for Granville Golfers
- Masks will be worn during practices on the range or on practice greens when social distancing is not possible.
- Golfers will use their own equipment and refrain from using any other golfers equipment.
- Golfers will be asked to keep a mask and sanitizer in their golf bag.
- Golfers will be responsible for their own supplies, including snacks and water bottles.
- Golfers should tell a coach immediately when they are not feeling well.
- Parents should make sure their child and immediate household members are free from illness before participating in practice and competition (if there is doubt stay at home).
- Parents should provide personal items for your child and clearly label them.